35th Annual Meeting European Musculo-Skeletal
23rd EMSOS Nurse and Allied Professions Group Meeting
DoubleTree Brussels Hotel, 10-11-12 May 2023 - Brussels
Rue Gineste 3, 1210 Brussels - Belgium
Call for Abstracts CLOSED
You are invited to submit your abstract for the 35th Annual Meeting of the EMSOS 2023. The International Scientific Committee will be in charge of the review of all the received submissions. Authors of the accepted abstracts will have to register for the congress to retain their place in the Congress programme.
- Abstract submission open: 1 December 2022
- Abstract submission deadline: 20 February 2023
- Confirmation of acceptance: 20 March 2023
Submit your abstract for one of the following topics
Please allocate your abstract under one of the following topics, so the scientific committee will be able to review in good order your abstract.
- Poster + oral poster pitch 2'
- Abstract 5'
- Keynote Lecture 15'
- Breaking frontiers sunrise lecture 25'
Training day topics
- 'soft’ skills: collaboration, (meta-) communication, skill development and learning, clinical reasoning, MDT discussions, incorporation of research in clinical practice, music in the OR
- Surgical treatment options
- Non-surgical treatment options
PhD research day
- Basic and translational research: Cells, cell lines, pdx, liquid biopsies, modeling, genetics, proteomics, molecular tailored treatment,
- Surgical treatment and invasive techniques
- Non-surgical treatment: medical oncology, radiotherapy
- Diagnostics: pathology, radiology, scintigraphy
- Nursing and psychosocial research
Transdisciplinary sessions (8): the common theme is ‘How far do we go?’.
This means that the abstract should address controversial questions offering food for thought and discussion.
- Diagnostics: introduction of AI in pathology and imaging, do we need epigenetics?
- Therapy: Oligometastatic disease: (surgical) treatment vs follow-up
- Therapy: Availability/reimbursement for new drugs and implants, cost/benefit when compared to ‘classical’ treatment, use of models for patient and surgeon?
- Follow-up: How long? How intensive? For all ages? For all tumor types? Are PREMS and PROMS useful?
- Patient support: When? How long? By whom? Advance care planning
- Shared decision making: patient education and participation during diagnostic workup, treatment, rehabilitation, palliation and follow-up
- Treatment severity in borderline behaviour and malignant tumors: resection margins vs functional loss, multidisciplinary surgery, living loss, (neo)adjuvant radiotherapy
- Ethical issues on tumor biobanking and data: tissue is the issue
- How will we go further? Best practices on transdisciplinary collaboration on an international scale, involvement of industry?, Euracan?, European registry, Virtual tumor biobank (tissue + LQB)
Classical sessions (5): abstracts on following topics are welcome
- Retroperitoneal sarcoma
- Bone reconstruction in unusual locations and/or the very young patient
- eHealth and digital innovations
- Basic and translational science
- Pediatric session: Genetic predisposition, EPSSG
- Case sharing